Q: My 2003 Honda Civic motor car, when I put it reverse and turn the steering all the way to the right or to the left the steering bounces.

asked by on March 19, 2017

When I put my car in reverse and I turn my steering all the way to the left or right the steering bounces. What is the possible cause?

Hi there. Check the rubber bushings on the rack and pinion system. The bolts are either loose or the bushing are broken causing the rack to move back and forth when turning as your wheels are on pavement. To check this condition, do a dry park steering test. With help, have someone turn the steering wheel slowly to the left and right and look to see what is moving before the wheels move. That will be your indication on what needs to be replaced. If you need further assistance with your steering system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.