Q: My 2002 Toyota Tacoma has 230,000 miles on it . All of a sudden it's making a loud growling noise

It's making almost a loud growling . When it's parked it makes the noise . When I turn the wheel in either direction it makes the noise . It's like a loud growling , rattling .

Hi Renee. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually, this type of noise is an indication of a damaged steering rack or power steering pump. It is also possible that other suspension components or even a leak in the exhaust manifold can produce this type of noise. Since there are multiple possible sources, you should probably have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an on-site inspection. This will allow them to isolate the noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. My 2002 Toyota Tacoma has 230,000 miles on it . All of a sudden it's making a loud growling noise