Q: My 1997 Honda accord is over heating but the temperature gauge is below half

Why is my 1997 honda accord over heating but the temperature gauge is below half.

Hi Brian. It’s quite possible that the coolant temperature sensor is faulty. When this occurs, it will relay false information to the ECU and can cause the radiator fan to not operate correctly and send false data to the thermostat, which releases fluid from the radiator through the engine. Typically when this type of situation occurs, an overheating inspection is the best course of action, since there are multiple possible sources that could be causing this issue.

3. My 1997 Honda accord is over heating but the temperature gauge is below half