Q: Overheats on highway the coolant will be gone after it cools down. 100,000 miles my radiator holds at 16 lbs 1997 Ford Expedition

My 1997 expedition over heats on the highway. Will jump to H and coolant will be boiling. When finally cooled coolant will be gone. Cap is new,thermostat is month old. Please help I am broke I can not pay for more tows n I live in my car that's now broke down... I don't have a leak because it holds at 15-16 pressure

Hi - overheating with coolant loss at highway speeds can have several causes. First thing to check is that the system is thoroughly bled of all air. Bleed the system with the heater cranked up to "Max" heat and fan speed. Sometimes, bleeding the system with the front of the vehicle raised higher than the rear (or with bleed screws open if so equipped). It’s also possible that the water pump is weak, the radiator is clogged, or a head gasket has failed. Finding where the coolant is going will be instructive also: boiling out, leaking from the water pump, going out the tailpipe, etc. I would recommend a overheating inspection

• Overheats on highway the coolant will be gone after it cools down. 100,000 miles my radiator holds at 16 lbs 1997 Ford Expedition