Q: my 1988 cadillac deville runs hot. i dont know whats wrong with it. the car stills drive. but people are telling me its a blown he

The car rides. But the engine runs hot. The oil looks milky. I have no leek. I put water in it when it runs hot.

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. A blown head gasket is most likely what your issue is. Check the coolant. Chances are it is low and mixing with the oil. The head gasket is the only component which would allow this to happen. They go bad after time, and with the age of the vehicle, it is to be expected at this point. Changing it can be difficult. It involves removing a majority of the upper engine components in order to access it correctly. You then need to tighten everything back down to specification, after you have installed the gasket perfectly. For more help replacing the gasket, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.