Q: Multiple electrical malfunctions, but solution cannot be found. 2015 Volvo XC60.

I purchased a car that had been previously driven by a sales manager for 6,500 miles. Since then I have complained multiple times to the dealership about several electrical malfunctions. One of them is the side-view mirrors independently moving. Last week I was on the interstate and the side mirror retracted when I adjusted the back of my seat (driver’s seat). The dealership has continually told me, each time I have gone to them, that they can not find any electrical problems with my car. Another problem is the tire pressure indicator which shows low tire pressure when the pressure is at regular level. They do say that there is a problem with the tire pressure sensing system so I will have that replaced. However, this leaves me with the malfunctioning mirror problem which can be very dangerous. What needs to be done to correct this?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2015 Volvo XC60. The drivers door module is in the line of communication with the power windows. One common problem I have seen is where the wiring harness that connects the door electronics to the rest of the vehicle, the wire insulation has been damaged and caused wires to touch and activate accessories. The wiring between the seat and door mirror circuits must be looked over and if no issues are found, then test the control units. Have the electrical system inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to have this resolved properly.

• Multiple electrical malfunctions, but solution cannot be found. 2015 Volvo XC60.