Q: Motor stalls or dies as soon as transmission put in D or R.

asked by on December 04, 2017

Motor stalls or dies as soon as transmission put in D or R. I am original owner, only 97000 miles, I do my own repairs. All fluid levels OK, including differential and transmission (no "burning" odors or discoloration). If torque converter trouble, is there any "external" work that I can do to get 3000 more miles before taking my E150 to the scrap yard?

The problem is internal issue with the clutch bands or the valve body is leaking fluid to forward and reverse at the same time. You will need to have transmission overhauled.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr