Q: I have a 1996 Honda accord and I can't get the anti thief alarm device to deactivate.

My anti theft alarm device will not deactivate, my car won't start my remote key lights up but won't work I changed the battery but it won't respond

/Is the anti-theft device on the vehicle an aftermarket unit or did the vehicle come equipped with it originally? If the device is an after market unit, there may be a malfunction in the control unit of the device. If the anti-theft system is original equipment, there may be faulted sensor in the vehicle or faulted wiring. Deeper diagnosis will be necessary to find the exact fault. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out to take a closer look at the vehicle and offer a more personal diagnosis of your anti-theft concerns.

3. I have a 1996 Honda accord and I can't get the anti thief alarm device to deactivate.