Q: Missing during idling

My car has gone 115,000 miles. Lately, I've noticed that it's missing during idling. It also occurs when I attempt to increase speed or when I go uphill. It usually happens with the throttle is full. I've tried to take it out of the overdrive. I also tried using fuel treatment. The problem is still present. What do you suggest I do?

A: Hello. It sounds like the spark plugs, spar...

Hello. It sounds like the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and coil packs need to be replaced. The mileage on the truck indicates that it is due for a tune-up and the coolant and transmission fluid should be serviced, if that hasn’t already been done. This should solve your misfire issue. I would recommend that you have a 100,000 mile service done and a tune-up. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, assist you with this.

Recommended services
Get a Quote