Q: Missing during idling

My car has gone 115,000 miles. Lately, I've noticed that it's missing during idling. It also occurs when I attempt to increase speed or when I go uphill. It usually happens with the throttle is full. I've tried to take it out of the overdrive. I also tried using fuel treatment. The problem is still present. What do you suggest I do?

Hello. It sounds like the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and coil packs need to be replaced. The mileage on the truck indicates that it is due for a tune-up and the coolant and transmission fluid should be serviced, if that hasn’t already been done. This should solve your misfire issue. I would recommend that you have a 100,000 mile service done and a tune-up. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, assist you with this.

3. Missing during idling