Q: Minivan stalls when slowing down

When I'm slowing down, my minivan stalls. The RPMs drop and the engine completely quits! This is happening at red lights, stop signs, turning into driveways, etc. Fortunately it never does it on the highway. What is causing this?

Hello. You may have a problem with the throttle position sensor, the idle air control valve, or the mass airflow sensor. All of these sensors help monitor and control the air/fuel mixture entering the engine. If that mixture gets imbalanced, the car can stall out. I suggest you have these components inspected to see if they are causing the problem. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect why your vehicle is stalling.