Q: Van experiencing electrical system problems

I am having an electrical problem with my van. To explain: all the grounds are clean and all sockets are properly working. The whole system works great when I am using OEM halogens. On the front blinkers and the rear brake/blinker lights, I am using LED lighting. But the blinkers are unresponsive when turned on to make a right or left turn. Of the two front blinkers, the left light (closest to the battery) is the brightest. I am considering that a more responsive relay might be needed or I might have overlooked something. What is your professional advice for solving this problem?

The turn signal lighting is all supplied power from the same turn signal relay. Since LED lighting consumes less power it should be heavy duty enough to use but you may want to check with LED lighting manufacturer through their customer support. Power from the relay is directed to the lighting circuits from the turn signal switch, so the switch itself cannot be discounted as a possible failure source. The last thing to check is to ensure power and ground is hooked up correctly. LED’s are diodes and only allow current to travel through them in one direction. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the equipment and expertise to diagnose these electrical issues.