Q: Manual transmission slips

My car has a manual transmission, and it slips a lot while running, where the engine revs but the car does not move. I have been told by several people that the whole clutch system needs to be replaced.

A: Hello, if the engine is revving up and the ...

Hello, if the engine is revving up and the vehicle is still hardly moving when the clutch is released then it does more than likely need a new clutch. There is always the possibility that there is a throw out bearing or shift fork that is sticking but those do not happen too often. The transmission will need to be removed to replace the clutch. You should get some help from a transmission specialist to have this done.