Q: Lower idler pulley

I just changed my lower idler pulley, but it's coming loose? Do I need a new bolt?

3. Lower idler pulley

Q: Engine has a cranking noise and car vibrates... also service engine soon light is on

Hello. The symptoms you describe would suggest that the starter is not disengaging immediately from the engine. This is caused by damage to either the starter drive, the engine's flexplate (or flywheel) or both. The symptoms will only become worse,...

Q: RPMs drop and car shakes?

Hi again Jarod. What you're describing is often a sign of a vacuum leak, exhaust leak, fuel restriction or faulty mass air flow sensor (designed to help mix air and fuel together). To be honest, there are more than a...

Q: High idle, loss of power, overheating

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 1994 GMC K1500 Suburban. A dirty throttle body will cause the power loss and RPM fluctuations. Also, a thermostat opening slow could be the cause of your overheating concern. This should be checked...