Q: Low beam HID's are turning on and off sporadically.

I just bought this car a few months ago. I know that it has a new alternator in it, but ever since day one, the dash lights have flickered a bit. A few weeks ago, I noticed my driver's side low beam was out when I parked. HIDs are only on the low beams. When I started my car, it came back on. Over the past few weeks, I have noticed that the low beams work when I initially begin driving, and sometimes you can see my lights get bright, then dim, then bright again and go out. Now, it's the passenger's side out and the driver's side is on. My brights work ok. On two occasions, both low beams went out at the same time, causing me to bright light everyone home.

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing some sort electrical issue. Flickering lights can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few common causes are a faulty alternator, battery, or wiring. You mention that the alternator is new, however, I would still check it to make sure that it is functioning properly, as even a new alternator can fail.

There are also cases where a bad battery can cause flickering. If the connections to the battery are poor or covered in corrosion or one of the cells is bad, it may cause the electrical system to be unstable, which can cause lights to flicker. Flickering lights can also be caused by faulty wiring. It may be possible that there is some sort of wiring issue with the dash and HIDs. If the HIDs are aftermarket, this is more likely, especially if wiring modifications were required to install the lights.

I would carefully check the battery terminals, ground wires, and the wiring to the HIDs, as issues with all of these can cause lights to flicker. If these all check out, then I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose the electrical system for possible issues.

3. Low beam HID's are turning on and off sporadically.