Q: Loud scraping noise

When driving forward there is a loud scraping noise coming from the front passenger wheel. Doesn't make the noise when reversing.

A: Depending on what type of vehicle you have,...

Depending on what type of vehicle you have, the loud scraping noise coming from the front passenger wheel could be a few items.

First and most likely is that the wheel bearings are grinding due to lack of lubrication inside the wheel hub.

Second could be the rotor and brake pads grinding and third may be an issue with a wheel that is bent or in very rare cases, a wheel weight that is clipping against the brake caliper.

It would be a good idea to have one of our local mechanics inspect this issue for you to determine the precise source of the scraping noise and recommend the corrective action.