Q: Lots of problems overheating

I have a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze with relatively high miles on it for its age (120,000+) which has started overheating far more often than it should. A warning on the dashboard informed me that the A/C would be disabled due to high engine heat. This is not good as summer is coming up and it is not a sustainable situation for me. How can I get the problem diagnosed and fixed quickly?

A: When vehicles have high mileage, regardless...

When vehicles have high mileage, regardless of the year of the vehicle, it is necessary to perform routine maintenance based on those miles. There could be many different reasons why your car is overheating so often. Newer cars have a safety feature that disables the A/C due to engine heat, which is what you are experiencing. The quickest and most direct solution to your concern is to have your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic. They will check your vehicle from bumper to bumper, as well as address any specific concerns you may have. This is your best route for information on the steps needed to get your vehicle back up to par so you can continue driving with a peace of mind that your vehicle is receiving the attention it deserves.