Q: Loss of all acceleration after hard acceleration and check engine like blinking

asked by on February 12, 2018

When I accelerate hard I lose all acceleration and check engine light blinks. If I pull over for a few seconds I will regain the ability to accelerate.

You could have an engine or transmission problem causing the computer to go into failsafe mode and limit power and would need to have the computer scanned for the failure codes stored for the cause of the problem. You may have a sensor failure or transmission causing this problem.