Q: My dodge 2010 grand caravan is making a loud whining noise, I'm sure its the transmission after doing research, do you think this can be fixed without replacing it?

asked by on September 30, 2016

Loud whining noise from front of engine. I looked at a video on you tube and it sounds exactly like transmission issue. Would I need to replace the whole transmission or can this be fixed without replacing transmission?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. In order to determine if the transmission needs to be replaced, a proper diagnosis would be required. Even if the whining noise sounds similar to that in the video, it can still be possible that the issue is caused by something else. I would recommend having a professional technician diagnose the noise, as a replacement transmission is likely a very expensive repair.