Q: My dodge 2010 grand caravan is making a loud whining noise, I'm sure its the transmission after doing research, do you think this can be fixed without replacing it?

Loud whining noise from front of engine. I looked at a video on you tube and it sounds exactly like transmission issue. Would I need to replace the whole transmission or can this be fixed without replacing transmission?

A: Hello. In order to determine if the transmi...

Hello. In order to determine if the transmission needs to be replaced, a proper diagnosis would be required. Even if the whining noise sounds similar to that in the video, it can still be possible that the issue is caused by something else. I would recommend having a professional technician diagnose the noise, as a replacement transmission is likely a very expensive repair.