Second Opinion] I've had my purge valve solenoid and char...

Second Opinion] I've had my purge valve solenoid and charcoal cannister replaced on my 2000 lexus gs 300 and the car still shuts off. I also replaced the gas cap with a gas cap from the lexus dealer. What else can be the problem. ...

Second Opinion] I've had my purge valve solenoid and charcoal cannister replaced on my 2000 lexus gs 300 and the car still shuts off. I also replaced the gas cap with a gas cap from the lexus dealer. What else can be the problem. My mechanic said he wont know what the issue is without the check engine light on. Mechanic's Assistant: I don't remember all the details now but it was places to check for a loose connection. I found it and that fixed the problem. Does the light stay on, or does it blink? What lights are you talking about Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far? No my mechanic has replaced the purge valve and the charcoal cannister

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* sorry to see you are having issues. Give me a couple of minutes to review your issue and I will assist you Roy
Automotive Expert
Good morning The evaporative system is not the reason for the engine shutting off. You need to find another shop to help you that will do proper diagnostics. It could be shutting off from spark being lost from a crank sensor falling out. It could be low fuel pressure from a bad fuel pump. If it only does it at idle, it could be the throttle body being dirty from carbon build up. It could be a bad EGR valve that is sticking open. All of these need to be checked. Techs today rely on a code to guide them for an issue but not all problems come with a check engine light. You need someone who will do all the checks to help you determine the issue. Roy