Q: Left wheel locks up when turning - 1996 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban

The car has a limited slip differential. It has an issue with the left wheel at the rear end, which locks up every time I make a left turn either going forward or in reverse. When I'm making a right turn, there are no issues. This makes the tire skid. The wheel would roll normally when I complete the turn. The issue is occuring intermitently. What might be causing this?

You most likely have damaged or bad spider gears or bearings in the rear axle. The spider gears will turn in one direction or the other when you are turning left or right. If the gears are binding on the housing or gears are clashing causing the binding of the carrier ring gear or planetary spider gears. Have the rear cover of the rear end removed to see what is binding. There may also be excessive metal in the rear end fluid indicating excessive gear and bearing wear. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and inspect your vehicle, including your wheels, and fluids.

3. Left wheel locks up when turning - 1996 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban