Q: left brake light and tail light only work when car is in park.

The right side lights work OK only the left brake and tail lights do not work when taken out of park.

Hi there:

The brake light issue you’ve described with your 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee is typically caused by damage to an electrical relay from the parking light switch, or fuse control box. Sometimes this can be a very simple fix; while in other instances it can be troublesome to trace the electrical gremlin. The best way to save time, money and resources is to have one of our mobile mechanics complete an electrical problems inspection; so they can trace the source of this issue and make the correct repairs.

3. left brake light and tail light only work when car is in park.