Q: Q: leaked transmission fluid

My Mercedes C250 leaked all of the transmission fluid. I need to refill it, but I can’t find the dip stick or the pipe. I called the dealership and they say that the transmission is sealed for life. They state that only a trained technician can have access to the transmission. Does anyone know how to replace the transmission fluid without taking it to the repair garage? Where is the location of the pipe so that I can add more transmission fluid? Thank you.

Hello. There is a filler plug that is located on the side of the transmission near the back. A lot of times, special pumps are needed in order to get the fluid into the sealed transmission. I wouldn’t suggest trying to put the transmission fluid back in yourself. It may be best to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come out and refill your transmission fluid as well as complete a diagnosis to determine why your transmission fluid is leaking.

3. Q: leaked transmission fluid