Q: lawn mower won't start and i need advice

I have a '74 onan ss16 twin engine on a 1974 sears suburban tractor. I have been working on it for roughly 1 week now and i havent been able to get it to fully run. It has a quite outdated point condenser ignition system that is mounted in a box like structure. i have power to all components of the ignition, i am getting full fuel flow throughout the valves, both spark plugs are fully functional and are making spark however when placed on the head and back on the mower i am not getting any spark at all through the spark plugs and i dont understand. please help! thanks

A: The coils do not go bad very often and woul...

The coils do not go bad very often and would show signs of bulging if it did. The points and condenser should be replaced since these are the most common failed part on the ignition. Replace the points and condenser and adjust the points to about .025 if I am not mistaken. You should be off and running after that.