Q: Key won't turn in ignition - please what can I do?

Simply the key won't turn in ignition to start car.....how can I do this?

A: Hello. If the key will not turn in the igni...

Hello. If the key will not turn in the ignition then either the key is bad or there is a problem with the key lock cylinder. Most of the time, this is caused by a failure in the key lock cylinder. One of the teeth may have failed to move properly causing the key to move and be able to turn the ignition. I always try a spare key first if there is one. If that does not help, then the key lock cylinder may need to be replaced. I always check the simple stuff, such as the battery and also make sure that the shifter is in the correct position. If you need to have this starting problem inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.