Q: Key keeps getting locked in the ignition.

Key kept getting locked in the ignition and now the car will not start. The Message Center said Service Theft System. The car makes a whining noise when I attempt to start it.

A: Your security system is in need of service....

Your security system is in need of service. There are sensors that detect whether or not the vehicle is being stolen or not. When one of these sensors has a fault often times the car cannot be started because the car thinks it is being stolen. I would ask for help from one of the Mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose what is causing the fault in your security system.