Q: Just changed the water pump in my 92 chevy caprice and now it overheats

I just changed the water pump because it was squealing now the car over heats, it never done this before.

Hi there. In some cases, an overheating issue can be caused after installing a new water pump if there is an obstruction inside the cooling system (like debris or engine sludge), air bubbles in the cooling lines or if the water pump you installed is either defective, not properly attached or something that may have been removed or disconnected like a cooling fan is not working correctly. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is overheating inspection, so they can isolate the issue and help you repair it before it causes significant damage.

3. Just changed the water pump in my 92 chevy caprice and now it overheats