Q: Jerking when taking off sometimes

Just before we bought it in 2015 the previous owner put a new transfer case and had the transmission rebulit, we've put new brakes all around and the front passenger side caliper came off while driving it and gouged the rim so I put the spare on and fixed the other tire but haven't put it on yet! The 3 tires have the same tread and depth but the spare is brand new!

Hello, as I read your query, I understand the question to be one of "Why does my Explorer jerk when taking off?". I would most suspect the rebuilt transmission for this issue. Depending on what sort of service center rebuilt the transmission, a component that controls hydraulic pressure to the clutches (forward in this case) may not have been within specifications, but re-used anyway - resulting in poor clutch engagement when putting the car in Drive. If warranty coverage is still available, take the vehicle back to the transmission shop that did the rebuild for diagnosis and repair. Otherwise, have a reputable transmission shop run a diagnostic check on the transmission.