Q: Jeep suffering from death wobble

I believe my steering stabilizer and aftermarket suspension need to be tightened. Every time I hit the smallest bump, my jeep shakes really bad until I slow down under 20 MPH. I have been told the street name for this issue is death wobble.

A: While I cant say that I have ever heard of ...

While I cant say that I have ever heard of death wobble, I can tell you that having worn suspension/steering components can be dangerous. The pitman arm is connected directly to your steering. If it breaks I'm sure you can image what can occur. Other suspension components like ball joints also wear out often. Your car will have two per tire. I don't suggest driving due to the safety issue, and suggest seeking professional assistance. Im sure if you give YourMechanic a call they will be glad to inspect your steering and suspension issue.