Q: High idle and poor gas on my 92 Chevy s10 4.3 . How can I fix this?

My Chevy S10 4.3 truck has the service engine soon light. I think because it's idling high and I'm constantly putting gas in it. I changed the cap and rotor. I'm thinking it's the throttle body gasket but before I poor anymore money in it. I need to find the problem. Please help. Shop says it's the ECM. I don't think it is though. It's something simple but what. Well I'm hoping it's simple. Please help

Hi Dominga. Thanks for submitting your question today. There could be several mechanical problems causing the high idle and excessive fuel consumption. Usually, it is something simple - like a loose vacuum line, dirty or damaged mass air flow sensor or a throttle body failure (gasket leak possible), that causes these symptoms. The problem is that you need to have this diagnosed correctly - and that can only be completed by a professional mechanic by physically inspecting the vehicle at your location.

3. High idle and poor gas on my 92 Chevy s10 4.3 . How can I fix this?