Q: Clunking noise in the front

Good morning, while driving there is a clunking noise when I go over bumps. Clunking noise comes from both the front left and right side. I was thinking the tie rods but there is no wobble in the steering wheel. I was also told that tie rods on 4runners don't go bad. I looked under the truck and my only guess that I have is the control arm bushings. Both sides looked "dry" and worn out.

Loose and/or worn strut mounts are a common cause of this noise. If you jounce the suspension and have an assistant listen near the top of each spring tower you can sometimes hear the clunk noise, albeit the noise will be less intense than if the car is driven over a bump. Worn control arm bushings are a possibility as are worn sway bar links. Wear in any of those parts, if significant, will be detectable to a certified mechanic. Inasmuch as you have nearly 190,000 miles on the vehicle, the struts should probably be replaced anyway. They are undoubtedly very worn. To diagnose the clunking noise, the recommended service is a front end noise diagnostic and that diagnostic can be scheduled on a mobile basis, right to your location.

3. Clunking noise in the front