Q: Jeep starts but won't move

asked by on March 26, 2018

When i start the car it only starts when in neutral, then it revs like normal but will not do anything but roll. I've looked over and over and it doesn't seem to be anything visible.

Hi Connor. Thanks for contacting us today. In most cases when this occurs, it’s due to a shift linkage or shift solenoid failure. It’s also possible that you have damage to seals or gaskets inside the transmission case. The best way to know what’s causing this issue would be to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection.