How to remove the courtesy light housing on2000 jeep Cher...

How to remove the courtesy light housing on2000 jeep Cherokee? Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the Mechanic to walk you through that for your Jeep Cherokee. Before I do, is there anything else you want him ...

How to remove the courtesy light housing on2000 jeep Cherokee? Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the Mechanic to walk you through that for your Jeep Cherokee. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know? Just that the push switch broke

Automotive Expert
Good evening, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* ill be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issues here on the Jeep. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with light related issues. The light housing is held in via pressure so you would need a long screwdriver to pry it down. Here are the OEM instructions. 1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2. Insert a long, narrow, flat-bladed tool in the notch on the edge of the reading and courtesy lamp lens. 3. Gently pry the lens downward from the overhead console housing and pivot the lens down. It may be necessary to move the tool along the edge of the lens to free the lens from the console housing. 4. Unsnap the bulb from the bulb holders by pulling the bulb gently downwards. 5. Install a new bulb by aligning its base with the bulb holders and pushing the bulb firmly into place. 6. Pivot the lens back up into position and press upward firmly until it snaps into place. 7. Connect the battery negative cable. 8. Test the lamp by depressing the lens to check for proper lamp switching and lighting. 9.

I know that part. What's broken is the little push button behind all of thatIn order to get to it the whole housing has to come outI need to get the plastic housing out to get to the tiny light switch behind all of this
Automotive Expert
so did you follow the steps i sent in order to remove the housing?

I need the to remove what's under everything you instructed
Automotive Expert
okay ill go ahead and opt out and allow someone else to help you.

SorryThank you though!!
Automotive Expert
Hello, new expert here. I just need to reconfirm a couple things to see if I can help. It is a Cherokee and not a Grand Cherokee and I think? you are meaning the overhead console? Let me know, Thanks! Randall

Rear passenger courtesy light yes it's a 2000 jeep grand cherokee
Automotive Expert
I am sorry, I do not have enough repair information on that assembly to send, I thought you were dealing with the front assembly . I too will need to opt out, Sorry

Customer attachment 1/28/2021 2:55:36 AM

Customer attachment 1/28/2021 2:55:37 AM
Automotive Expert
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I'll try to answer your car questions. I'll start off with some basic checks to do, then we can get into more advanced diagnostics if needed. Let me know if any questions come up, or if there is anything I can do to help! You can update this message at anytime. - I'm sorry to hear about any troubles with the vehicle, but would be glad to try and help! - Attaching removal procedure to the message, may need to be on pc/email platform to view - Recommend using plastic trim tool to depress the tabs of the light assembly base and then remove it from the headliner. Sometimes getting up behind the light assembly helps with removal, but will need to remove some of the clips/hooks from the headliner area to get it to drop down a bit. - Lemme know how it goes, or if any questions come up while checking things out!

Thank you.... That's what I was afraid of. It's a project to do. Thank you for your help!!!
Automotive Expert
No worries....glad to help...lemme know how it goes, or if any questions come up! Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com!

Will do!!
Automotive Expert
Sounds great! Thanks again! Cheers! Please add me to favorite experts list to start new threads in the future! Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com!