Q: Would it cause damage to the other ignition coils if there is oil leaking from the valve cover gasket on my 2002 Infiniti I35

Ive got a 2002 infiniti i35, cylinder 5 was misfiring, i thought it was just the coil, but once the coil was removed, it was covered with oil and it turned out to be a leaky valve cover gasket. the computer only indicates that number 5 is misfiring, so what are the chances that the leak didnt cause damage to the rest of the coils and plugs? could it be just that one spark plug well effected? im assuming that the valve cover, that one coil and the spark plugs have to be replaced, how much would you guesstimate that this job would cost on average? thanks you

Hi there. If there is oil leaking into the ignition coil bores then that oil leak needs to be repaired first. If there is oil in multiple tubes then those ignition coils should be replaced also. If they are dry then only the coils that are misfiring or affected by the oil should be replaced. None of them should be replaced until the oil leak is repaired. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your valve cover gaskets and coils] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/valve-cover-gasket-is-leaking-inspection

3. Would it cause damage to the other ignition coils if there is oil leaking from the valve cover gasket on my 2002 Infiniti I35