Q: Its hard to turn and I'm hearing a weird Sound when I turn and the wheel stiffs up

I hear a very weird sound when turning. The wheel stiff up, I have power steer levels. I'm very worried. When I turn I hear a metal to metal sound.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi there. If the power steering fluid is fu...

Hi there. If the power steering fluid is full, and you don’t have a damaged or broken power steering pump, then it’s possible that you may have a broken steering gear box inside the steering rack on your 2007 Impala. However, it’s also possible that it could be other suspension components or wheel bearings causing this sound. The best way to reduce expense and stress is to pinpoint the precise source of your issue is to have one of our mechanics inspect your vehicle and diagnose the cause of the noise first. This way they can determine exactly what’s wrong and recommend the corrective action that will solve your issues.