Q: Q: It starts but won't stay running.

My 1991 camaro 6V~3.1L starts but won't stay running. I just want some situations on what may be wrong and a solution to them. Also I would like to know how to recognize a code and what it means.

Hi There, If the motor will start this means you generally do not have any issues with spark or ignition problems. Typically when a motor struggles to stay running, it is often related to a fuel supply problem. This may be related to low fuel pressure, faulty or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty or dirty idle air control valve (this relays information about air intake to the computer which makes fuel adjustments), or potentially a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. Fuel delivery problems will typically not allow the proper amount of fuel to be delivered to the cylinders which results in a lean fuel condition which can cause backfiring or simply cause the motor not to start as a result of fuel starvation. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: It starts but won't stay running.