Q: It starts but stalls when you let off the gas

We replaced the battery and will start right up but as soon as you take your foot off the gas it stalls.

This is a common sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of a vehicle. The sensor is usually located on the butterfly spindle/shaft so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle. This sensor relays the position of the throttle plate (also called the butterfly) relative to your foot’s position on the gas pedal and associates the two in the ECU. The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when applying the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to you home to diagnose and replace this sensor.

3. It starts but stalls when you let off the gas