Q: Difficult to get the vehicle in gear after it has been turned off for sometime. 2013 Ford Focus

On cold starts I have a hard time getting it into any gear. Once it's warned up for about 20minutes I can put it in gear but it is still difficult.

Hello - it sounds like the clutch hydraulics in your Focus (manual transmission) have a leak, or have become weak. Check the clutch fluid reservoir to be sure it has adequate fluid. If there is clear fluid left on your garage floor under the engine, this is likely clutch fluid, and a sign that the clutch slave cylinder is worn out and leaking. I would recommend an inspection of the clutch hydraulics by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Difficult to get the vehicle in gear after it has been turned off for sometime. 2013 Ford Focus