Q: it idles high when started and dogs out when u press the accelerator. .

What would make my car idle high and dog out when i hit the gas ?

A: Hi there. Typically a high idle issue is ca...

Hi there. Typically a high idle issue is caused by the idle control valve or a vacuum leak. When you apply pressure to the throttle and it bogs down, that tends to also be a vacuum issue. Some of the components you might want to have inspected by a professional mechanic include the idle control valve, EGR valve or the throttle body itself. A good idea would be to have one of our professional mechanics complete an engine is idling high inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of your Mercury's engine issues.