Q: is250 vsc and traction amber lights showing

the vsc light and the traction lights are amber on and recently had it erased. i later filled up the tank and after driving 3 miles after that the lights came on again. there are no audible sounds and it drives normal. what is the cause of this problem please?

A: Having the codes erased does not fix the pr...

Having the codes erased does not fix the problem. The codes are for a problem with the systems indicated and are used for diagnosis. Have the codes retrieved again but do not clear them. The codes and stored data can be used for diagnosing the problem since they contain freeze frame data for when the problem happened. This data is stored and will be deleted if you clear the codes. Have a mechanic diagnose the warning lights for you and pinpoint the appropriate repairs. Even though you do not feel a drive problem, these systems will not function properly until they are fixed.