Q: Is my engine the original engine to my car?

hi On my 69 impala the engine has rust holes and engine blow by and want to figure how to stop it from coming thru the vents and if its the matching engine for my car factory

Hello - hopefully, only the freeze plugs are rusted and leaking on your engine! As for "matching engine" - only Corvettes had engine matching by engine code, date, and VIN number. But the engine code and date should match between the engine casting number, and the body id tag on the firewall cowling. Blowby is a good indicator of worn piston rings. Excessive blowby may require boring the engine, new pistons and rings, etc. - a full rebuild.

3. Is my engine the original engine to my car?