Q: Is it my lifters? Or my oil control valve? or oil pump?

I put oil in the car and it runs fine for about a hr..lots of power no knocking... After about a hr it has a total loss of power and a knocking starts... I've been told my lifters are shot.... But I've looked online and I see it could be my oil control valve.. My dip stick reads full .. But sounds like no oil is getting to the pistons..... What do I do?

A: You should first get a oil pressure test do...

You should first get a oil pressure test done on your engine. From what you’ve described the engine making noise like that is a serious issue. I’d suggest that get your vehicle looked at by a certified mechanic who check your oil pressure. I know that you did not say that your warning light is on but the type of service I’ve linked will help determine the issue. Good luck.