Q: Intermittent starting problem

The the last 6 months, about twice a month, I have had an intermittent problem where the car just won't start. Nothing happens. The engine doesn't respond, the starter doesn't sound like it's turning, and there's not even a clicking noise. If I twiddle the key between off and on a few times, the car will finally start, and the problem is gone - until it happens again. The battery is fine. Any idea what could be going on?

A: The problem may be the ignition switch maki...

The problem may be the ignition switch making intermittent contact with the start signal. The problem would have to be duplicated while testing it, to see if the starter is getting the signal from the ignition switch and anti-thief module. The starter may also be the issue and only a diagnosis testing will narrow it down to the failure. If you need help with these checks, seek assistance from a qualified mechanic who can fix your starting problem.