Q: Interior panels peeling off on doors

My 2008 Ford Mustang came with leather inserts in the doors when I bought it. I thought it was a nice touch, but I never thought that it would be such a pain in the backside at 60,000 miles. I haven’t had many problems with this car, but the peeling leather just looks terrible and cheap. Real quick way to make it look like a beater. Not sure what I can do about it. Is there a quick fix, like a good adhesive I could use?

This upholstery issue affected Mustangs from 2005 to 2009 and it really does make the interior look terrible and cheap.

Ford keeps on saying they are not aware of this being a widespread issue but they have repaired this complaint on vehicles under 3 years/36,000 miles original manufacturer warranty.

You do not have to replace the whole panel on this repair, the door panel’s thin foam backing and the leather or vinyl insert disintegrate in excess heat.

A permanent repair process is done by most upholstery shops and usually runs around $50-$75.