Q: Interior lights stay on, open door light comes and goes

I have some electrical issues with the van. The van's interior lights are on all the time. Also, while I'm driving, the open door light comes on. This light turns off when I shift to reverse or put it in park. What could be causing this?

Hello. For your 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager, it sounds like there may be a short or short to ground in the wiring harness. These issues may be difficult to find and repair at times, and may require replacement of the entire wiring harness to solve the problem. I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose your electrical problem and assist with the appropriate repairs.