Q: Intake not fitting onto the cylinder heads.

I have 1992 tbi heads on my 1998 tbi GMC Sierra 2500 350 5.7 the middle bolts on the intake won't line up on the heads, the new intake I just got has the same problem, the numbers on the new intake are 10166133 I can't seem to figure out why. You can call me or text me even at 1(605)4401580 I need to try to figure this out as soon as possible, it's already been down for a month, thanks

Hi there. The cylinder head design changed in 1996 to accomadate for the new EGR setup and have a different bolt pattern. Look at the bolt patterns on the intake manifold and the bolt patterns on the cylinder heads. The older heads are designed for TBI and carburetors not fuel injection rails. If you need further assistance with intake manifold, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Intake not fitting onto the cylinder heads.