Q: Intake manifold came off replaced gaskets new water pump thermostat and put in barred leak still overheats

Coming home car s tarted to overheat pulled off road towed to home r intake manifold came off replaced gaskets thermastat water pump water still overheats no water from pump engine it is like thermostat is not opening up no water in oil what to try next help!!

Hi there. Have you checked to see if the fans are coming on? Do they achieve both normal and high speed? Is there any noise or abnormal operation? There could also be an air pocket in the cooling system, or the thermostat installed backwards (it does happen). Does the engine boil over? Check the actual temperature of the engine with an infrared thermometer temperature gun and compare the readings to the combination meter gauge. The gauge or sensor could be inaccurate. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car is overheating inspection.

• Intake manifold came off replaced gaskets new water pump thermostat and put in barred leak still overheats