Q: Intake mainfold issue

I had a error code P2004 on my caliber. The dealership says I need a whole new intake manifold as it only comes in one piece and not sold separately. From looking it up online it seems the issue could be a easy fix. Is is? I have not had any reduction in fuel economy. What would and where is this listed under in your list of car issues.

Thanks

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Code P2004...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Code P2004 does in fact relate to intake manifold issues, however it should not require replacing the entire manifold. Some of the causes for this code to register include the manifold binding or sticking, the flow valve is faulty, the harness is open or shorted, or there is a poor electrical connection.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.