Q: installed ignition lock cylinder on a 2000 Toyota 4runner. tried to crank it and it would start, immediately turns off. problem?

I have a 2000 Toyota 4runner unlimited v6 automatic 2 wheel drive. My ignition lock cylinder wouldn't allow my key to turn. After several hours of troubleshooting i gave up and decided to replace it. I took off my negative battery cable and began to unscrew the panel to get to the ignition cylinder. After turning it to ACC i managed to get it out. I installed the new one and replaced everything and hooked the battery back up. Tried to crank it up and all it did was whined up. It never turned but once and immediately died. Im not sure what the problem is.

3. installed ignition lock cylinder on a 2000 Toyota 4runner. tried to crank it and it would start, immediately turns off. problem?