Q: input speed sensor not shifting out of 2nd gear

change the input speed sensor and drove the van around town and on highway for about a half an hour and it was working fine shifting great then stopped for an hour went back to driving and doesn't shift anymore. could the speed sensor go bad that quick or could there be another problem?

Hi there:

The problem with today’s modern transmissions is that there are several individual mechanical and electrical components that control the operation. As such, it’s very difficult to tell you whether or not replacing the input speed sensor was the solution to your problem. Most of the time, a sensor replacement is followed up by resetting error codes in the ECU. If that step is not completed, the malfunction can occur again.

A good solution is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can test drive your car, then properly diagnose the issue with your gears with the correct scanner and experience with your 2007 Chrysler.