Q: Ac not blowing hard enough thru the air vents.

asked by on June 27, 2017

2004 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 v8 4x4. Ac not blowing hard enough, but the little air that does come out feels cool. I was able to see that the fan blower is turning counter clockwise. So i believe its blowing the opposite direction. After research online its a common problem. From what I read the Solution is to reverse a green and black cable that connects to the blower itself. I bet its an easy job but i dnt have much knowledge on electrical things. Does this sound like it can be the problem? Again the blower is turning counter clockwise.

Hi There, It is usually very unlikely that the blower fan motor would turn counter clockwise unless you or someone else has purposely reversed the wiring to change the polarity. You may want to also check the air vent paths to be sure there is nothing impeding the flow of the air through the vents. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your blower motor.